NCA receives the coveted title of National Blue Ribbon School 2013 by the U.S. Department of Education
This prestigious award is bestowed upon “Exemplary High Performing,” in which schools are recognized among their state’s highest performing schools, as measured by state assessments or nationally-normed tests. NCA is one of only 50 private and 236 public schools in the country to receive the 2013 award.
Primary School Campus
6216 N. Glenwood Ave. Phone 773-743-6277 Fax 773-743-6174
Preschool through 4th Grade
Middle School Campus
7318 N Oakley Ave, Chicago, IL 60645. Phone: 773-271-2008 Fax: 773-271-3101
5th through 8th Grade
- 533 students, 402 families
- 79% Catholic; 21% other faiths
- 67% White, 11% Multi-Racial, 8% Hispanic, 7% Black, 7% Asian
- 13% of students are eligible for Free/Reduced Food Service Program
NCA boasts a 97% retention rate for kindergarten through 8th grade. Over 50% of our transfer students had to transfer because their families moved.
We have a good mix of veteran and new teachers.
- 39 Full-Time Teachers and 4 Part-Time Teachers
- 1 President, 1 Principal, 2 Vice-Principals
- All NCA Teachers are Illinois-certified
- 16 NCA Teachers have Masters Degrees (and many are working on theirs now)
Faculty: Student Ratios
- Overall 1:13 teacher student ratio
- Preschool 1:10 teacher student ratio per classroom
- Kindergarten 1:18 teacher student ratio per classroom
- 1st through 8th Grade maxes at 1:25 teacher student ratio per classroom