Click here to download the1st -8th Grade Brochure.
NCA Middle School serves our 5th-8th grade students and is one of the few independently housed Middle Schools in Chicago. Located two miles from our Primary Campus, our Middle School is located in the West Rogers Park neighborhood. Having the two separate campuses allows for a deeper focus on the needs of adolescent age students. We provide a safe and friendly environment that focuses on academic achievement as well as personal development. Students switch classrooms and have individual lockers located in the hallways.
Our curriculum is comprehensive and challenging. It follows the Illinois State standards yet includes Art, Music, Spanish Language, Physical Education, Computer Technology, Drama, Ballroom Dancing, and an elective course. Students have the option of ordering hot lunch, and they enjoy an outdoor recess each day (unless raining or below 17 degrees).
Our dynamic Athletic Program provides several team sport opportunities for boys and girls. Students can also choose from a multitude of different extra curricular activities including an after school math club hosted by Loyola University. NCA’s Middle School is an excellent choice for families who are looking for a challenging curriculum in a nurturing environment which prepares their children for high school not only intellectually but also physically and emotionally.
NCA Middle School offers an exciting, challenging curriculum, which includes:
- Daily Religious Education
- Literature-based Language Arts program
- University of Chicago Everyday Math Program (Grade 6)
- Pre-Algebra and Algebra (Grades 7 and 8)
- SEPUP Science Curriculum
- Social Studies
- Spanish Language
- Computer Technology Education
- Music (including Christmas Concert and Spring Musical)
- Visual Art
- Physical Education (twice weekly)
- Fine Arts: Ballroom Dancing (1 trimester), Drama (1 trimester), and Story Telling (1 trimester)
The curriculum also offers these activities:
- Student Council
- National Geography Bee
- Advanced Literature Classes
- Art Exhibits
- Drama & Theater
- Writing Contests
- Community Service Projects
- Choir, Band, Strings, Guitar
- Art for All
- Chess Club