The spirit of volunteerism is an essential part of what makes NCA such a wonderful place. The presence of volunteers helps enhance the school experience for the children during library time, lunch time, recess, field trips, extra-curricular activities, sporting events – the list goes on and on. Our volunteers generously give their time and talent for the benefit of children, and we appreciate the fact that they go through a very thorough process to ensure the safest possible environment for the children at all times.
The Archdiocese of Chicago requires all volunteers who are in contact with children to complete the following steps:
- Complete and submit Volunteer Application (Form 7703)
- Complete and submit ChildAbuseAndNeglectTrackingSystem (this form needs to be updated each year)
- Complete and submit a signed Code of Conduct
- Complete an online background screening through eAppsDB (use access code: protection)
- Register and attend Virtus Training, then submit the certificate of completion
Once all forms have been submitted to your campus secretary and the online screening is completed, you can begin volunteering with children. Please contact Mrs. Cannon or Mrs. Herold with any questions.
Volunteer Opportunities for NCA Families
All registered NCA families are required to complete 20 service hours each year. There are a number of volunteer opportunities for our NCA parents and families to participate in throughout the school year. Parents should check our parent portal, SchoolSpeak on a regular basis to sign up. All service hours should be recorded on SchoolSpeak as well.
Thanks for your interest and willingness to serve the children of NCA! We look forward to working with you.